Recognizes Assurant’s commitment to and progress in minimizing its carbon footprint and enhancing climate action and environmental performance
ATLANTA, October 24, 2023 – Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ), a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases, today announced that it is recognized as one of America’s Greenest Companies 2024 by Newsweek and Plant-A Insights Group in collaboration with GIST Impact. Newsweek and Plant-A Insights Group recognized America’s Greenest Companies in the United States by conducting research and analysis of public sustainability data from organizations with a market capitalization of more than $5 billion in the U.S.
“We are committed to operating sustainably to deliver long-term value for all our stakeholders, including our clients, customers, employees, communities and investors,” said Keith Demmings, president and CEO, Assurant. “Being included in America’s Greenest Companies 2024 by Newsweek is gratifying recognition and an opportunity to reaffirm our dedication to building a more sustainable future, not only because it creates competitive advantage, but also because it’s the right thing to do.”
As part of its climate goals, Assurant has made commitments to enhance its climate action and environmental performance by:
- Strengthening climate resiliency, extending and enhancing product life cycles, and identifying vulnerabilities through robust risk management;
- Tracking and reporting Scopes 1, 2, and relevant Scope 3 emissions globally with a near-term target to lower Scope 1 and 2 emissions 40% by 2030;
- Improving energy efficiency in its facilities and adhering to its Climate Action Policy by integrating environmental commitments into business operations; and
- Integrating environmental considerations within Assurant’s product and service offerings, including our supply chain, and the management of our $8 billion investment portfolio.
In addition to its overall commitments, Assurant is embedding sustainability into its product offerings as exemplified by these innovations:
- Extending the useful life of connected devices through refurbishment, which reduces the need for new products.
- Developing Carbon IQ™ by Assurant, the first solution that provides detailed measurement and insights on the carbon impact of individual connected devices, included refurbished devices, throughout the device lifecycle.
- Enhancing Assurant EV One Protection, the company’s protection product created specifically for owners of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs), with expanded benefits, including more battery health transparency, more protection and more value.
“Newsweek, market-data research firm Plant-A Insights and GIST Impact are proud to introduce ‘America’s Greenest Companies 2024,’ highlighting companies that are committed to being good stewards of the environment,” said Nancy Cooper, global editor-in-chief, Newsweek. “We hope this new project helps consumers identify the companies that—like many of us—are conscious of their impact on the environment and are working to protect the Earth and its resources.”
The Assurant 2023 Sustainability Report and additional information about Assurant’s strategic ESG initiatives is available online at www.assurant.com/our-story/sustainability.
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and to deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other products.